End user license agreement

When I run either XL JetPack Docker image, I see this message:

You must accept the End User License Agreement or provide your own license before this container can start.

You have to set the ACCEPT_EULA environment variable to Y in the Docker run command, or provide a Base64-encoded license string in the XL_LICENSE environment variable (be sure there are no line breaks in the string).

You can find the EULA here.

How would you do this for the docker run command? I have the license under the conf directory but it still gives this error.

I have it as conf/license.lic

I think the issue is your license file name. It has to be deployit-license.lic for the Deployment Automation module (XL Deploy) and xl-release-license.lic for the Release Orchestration module (XL Release).

Thank you this in combination with the ACCEPT_EULA env variable worked

1 Like

Now I’m getting this error on my docker run

XL Release Startup failed: License file ‘License file ‘conf/xl-release-license.lic’’ missing preamble

Unless you’re providing your own license, you can start the images from docker command line with this

docker run -p 5516:5516 -e ADMIN_PASSWORD=admin -e ACCEPT_EULA=Y xebialabs/xl-jetpack-release:8.6.1

docker run -p 4516:4516 -e ADMIN_PASSWORD=admin -e ACCEPT_EULA=Y xebialabs/xl-jetpack-deploy:8.6.1

or you can use the compose file

1 Like

For xl-deploy I’m using a license of this form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I put this in the deployit-license.lic file

And then I do a docker run

Looking at the log files I get this error

arning:
The JCEKS keystore uses a proprietary format. It is recommended to migrate to PKCS12 which is an industry standard format using “keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore /opt/xebialabs/xl-deploy-server/conf/repository-keystore.jceks -destkeystore /opt/xebialabs/xl-deploy-server/conf/repository-keystore.jceks -deststoretype pkcs12”.
… Generating deployit.conf
Done
You must accept the End User License Agreement or provide your own license before this container can start.

HI
If it still helps.

To get the base64 licence content execute:
base64 -w 0 xl-release-license.lic
Output will be something like you stated:
LS0tIExpY2Vuc2UgLS0…25hdHVyZSAtLS0K

Then use that to run the image:
docker run -e "ADMIN_PASSWORD=password" -e "XL_LICENSE=LS0tIExpY2Vuc2UgLS0....25hdHVyZSAtLS0K" -e "ACCEPT_EULA=Y" -p 5516:5516 --name xlr xebialabs/xl-release:9.5.2-centos