XL Release + Robot Frame work+Selenium

Does Any one have experience with XL Release with Robot Frame work with Selenium ? If so please share the steps to be followed ?

Thanks
Chiranjeevi

I have been working on this myself. I use a shell task or remote shell task to kick off the robot commands to perform the test. I am working on figuring out where to put the output and how to determine failures and such., I looks like I will have to do some parsing right now. But the step I have is to pass the location, execution and test and then standardize the call to robot with the output going to the output file and then reading the output for PASS/FAIL if FAIL is found then error the task returning a 1 to task caller else 0 to task caller. It’s been a little flakey as I wish I had a better way of handling output and pass fail. I may have to actually breakdown and actually create a plugin because well no one else has.

One of my selling points on robot over cucumber was that I am not the only person writing tests but I don’t have programmers I have support folks and so keeping gherkin like language was so much more beneficial to me and so robot looks to be the better answer. With the Python scripts I have been working on keeping the data separate with IoC design and in that case I have portable input and portable output. Combine with a container and create and destroy I can test XLD and XLR and Jenkins in a test environment spun up and spun down as needed.

Moving to Kubernetes later on this month is my next step.

Kevin

No bites…I was hoping for some grand wiz. I have dug into and have been incorporating machine learning docker images and have a framework for a test to be completely repeatable and reliable using red in eclipse w github enterprise. Also gitflow and gitops theory to run tests. So if I am smoke testing, regression, testing, or new feature test. Depending on what I want. Startup creates a db (if required), confifpg on existing xlr or xld, onboarding if needed), all test data and then target. Using the expandable libs and overrides, extends, or new; created a lib of keywords. The testers write 100% gherkin. It"s really coming together. Decoupling and refactoring so the solution targets apps as a.whole input.

So test case scenario
Ps
Test xlr.complete. pipeline .
Startup would be xlr complete. It knows db, xld and xlr images are created. Then for each test.things can be fired up, destroyed etc. Each keyword ends snapshots and reports are published to Apache.

Still a lot more todo’s exist
Ps spelling is off as big fingers and on screen keyboard and I fight on what I press and what it thinks I pressed.

1 Like

And by jolly it works. Selrnium hub/nodes. Docker ce on ywo linux servers some jython tasks i should make a plugin for, late binding ioc, some machine learning backend and a jdon config to fire it all up.

1 Like